Mack Trucks Granite
Every team needs an all-rounder, and that’s exactly why we designed the Mack Granite. Whether you’re working in dense urban traffic, construction sites or the open highway, the Granite will get the job done.
Most heavy-duty trucks are hard at work doing the day-to-day chores of carting rocks and dirt from building sites, refuelling urban petrol stations and stocking supermarket shelves. These are the jobs that Granite was made for: from the distribution centre to the store; from the building site to the tip site.
The no-nonsense all-rounder
The Granite is all about getting the job done in heavy traffic, on open highways or around the toughest construction sites.
The Granite is comfortable in local and interstate distribution, heavy construction, and more.
Designed to give you the flexibility to match the truck to the job exactly, the Granite comes in two axle configurations: 6x4 and 8x4, with a GVM of up to 33,000kg and a GCM of up to 110 tonnes.
The Granite’s low bonnet height, self-cleaning steps and easy-to-reach grab handles make it a pleasure to drive. Combined with its whisper-quiet interior and Mack Big Boy Premium seat as standard, the Granite’s ergonomic cab design gives you the very best in comfort and durability.
The Granite’s MP8 SCR engine combines with flexible fuel and AdBlue packaging options to give you complete control over your fuel economy and easily meets ADR80-03 and Euro 5 emissions standards.
And if you’re working in tricky terrain, a roll stability package is available to keep your truck safe with top-heavy loads and steep inclines.Download Granite Distribution Brochure Download Granite Vocational Brochure
The 6x4 configuration allows for a GVM of up to 26,000kg and is ideal for tanker or tipper & dog combinations.
The 8x4 configuration allows for a GVM of up to 30,000kg where a larger load is required, such as in a rigid mine servicing truck.
Mack MP8 12.8-litre
The Granite is powered by the Mack MP8 12.8-litre engine. The MP8 produces from 435 to 500 hp, and 1,650-1,840 lb-ft torque, and uses Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology to comply with Euro 5 and ADR 80-03 emissions standards.
- Max output at 1450-1900rpm: 435, 500Hp
- Max engine speed: 2100rpm
- Max torque 1000-1450rpm: 1655–1920 lb-ft
- No. of cylinders: 6
- Bore & stroke: 131 x 158mm
- Displacement: 780 Cu in (12.8 Lt)
- Compression ratio: 16:1
- Engine brake retardation: 495Hp (370kW) at 2100rpm
- Economy engine speeds: 1000–1400rpm
- Oil change volume, incl. filter: 33 Lt
- No. of oil filters: 2 full-flow, 1 bypass
- Cooling system, total volume: 38 Lt
- Weight, Dry (Approx.): 1160kg
The sensational Mack mDRIVE fully-automated manual transmission is standard equipment on the Granite.
- TmD12AD (Direct): torque 1,920ft–lbs, gears 12, 4
Depending on your torque requirements you can opt to fit the Granite with a Mack manual transmission - the Mack Maxitorque
- T310MLR: torque 1,800ft–lbs, gears 10, 6 T318: torque 1,800ft–lbs, gears 18, 3 T31821: torque 2,100ft–lbs, gears 18, 3
Depending on your torque requirements you can opt to fit the Granite with a Fuller manual transmission.
- RTLO16918: torque 1,650ft–lbs, gears 18, 4
- RTLO18918: torque 1,850ft–lbs, gears, 18, 4
- RTLO20918: torque 2,050ft–lbs, gears 18, 4
Depending on your application, wheelbase can be a critical factor, so the Granite gives you a range of options.
- Tractor model: 4,710mm to 6,035mm
- Rigid model: up to 6,135mm